Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm weightless....

The sky is the limit
And I just wanna flow
Free as a spirit on a journey of hope
Cut the strings and let me go
I'm weightless, I'm weightless
Millions of balloons heading to the ground
Weight of the world tries to hold us down
Cut the strings and let me go
I'm weightless, I'm weightless,
I'm weightless, I'm weightless...

That's from my current musical addiction Weightless by Natasha Beddingfield, vid here. Too many times we become obsessed with the numbers on a scale, but we never think about why. Why do you want to be 160lbs, why do you think you'd be happy if only you could get to 125 pounds?? If you're like me, you cant even remember the last time you were that weight, or that was your weight in middle school!! Why did you pick that number? Dont say because that's when you have a healthy BMI, we've been told for years that system is outdated, plus it's always a range, for example I'd be 'healthy' between 155 and 115. Why did I pick 150? and not 155 or 130??

Ok, where is this coming from... I have been sick for the past week, my wisdom teeth giving me problems again. So I couldnt work out much. It's funny that if I dont get my exercise in for a few days in a row, I can feel it. I mean I dont feel the definition of my abs or thigh muscles as much. In other words I feel out of shape, fat. Of all the weeks to move, my scale choses this one! I lost 3.4lbs this week. I was 209lbs yesterday, I cant remember ever being that small, but I dont feel that small.

Numbers on a scale are just that...numbers on a scale. They dont really mean much. My reason for embarking on this journey is to get more in shape, to feel more in shape, and that has nothing to do with what the scale says. I'm weightless really. So this week, be proud of how far you've come and how much you've accomplished. No, not in terms of numbers on that scale, but just how good you feel....

Love,


1 comment:

  1. I so wish I could feel that way! Right now there is a major hitch in my giddyap, and it kinda deals with this very concept.

    ReplyDelete