Haha, I definitely do not follow THAT doctrine anymore. This year I still believe that life is short, but now I think this means I can not and should not waste any moments, and get things done! The only way you can do this successfully is to list (or at least think about) what I need/want to complete, and come up with a strategy how I'll do that. I hate the word 'resolutions'; it reminds me of the tens of resolutions I never touched. Soo...I'm going to call mine 'projects'. Yes, I like the sound of that, the things I want to do are not do-able overnight. They indeed are projects, and here they are:
1. Become more social and outgoing: I hate small talk, I hate going to places with people I do not know so this one will be a challenge, but I realize it needs to get done. Too many times I am in my own little world, I have so much love and fun to share. It's selfish of me to keep me to myself :D. Now how will I do this? Talk more, call people more, actually return phonecalls, more movie nights, and girly outings...and all the other things the rest of y'all socialites do.
2. Get more in shape!!: I wont label this one as 'lose weight'. I have already started on that one and I wont stop, so... instead I want to be stronger and build on my endurance. How will I get there? SWEATING, and JUMPING, and DANCING. I just started TurboFire...and Oh Man!! IT whooped my behind!! I will be writing more about TurboFire and the workouts, and how I'm doing, and my measurements and progress a lot from now on. After that I'll move to ChaLEAN Extreme :)
3. See my family: To ensure that I do not get emotional and boo hoo all over my keyboard and freak out my co-workers; I will not go into details of how much I miss them, how long it has been, how hard etc. The point is I want to make it a point this year to see them, even if I have to move heavens and high waters to do it. Period.
4. Love my Sweetheart more and more and more: Self explanatory.
5. Organize and go to my highschool reunion. It has been almost 7 years...it would be nice to see everyone again. Plus it would have to be in Zimbabwe (my home), so that's a plus.
Most resolutions or in my case projects (lol) fail because people start working on them in October. I'm starting now.